Digital Media Planner (Cross Channel) Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles, CA
We are looking for you – dynamic, best-in-class talent! The Digital Media Planner will assist in the development of sound strategic, multi-faceted digital media plans based on a clear understanding of client business objectives and KPI’s. The successful candidate will support the Media Supervisors and Directors in the strategy, creation and development of innovative digital media strategies across platforms. Ultimately, this role drives innovation at the campaign level, and cultivates key partnerships to deliver the best digital media opportunities to the client
- Formulate hyper-local, regional and national digital campaign strategies and the execution required to achieve goals.
- Develop strategically solid media recommendations across multiple digital channels for both prospecting and conversion driven campaigns. Digital media tactics may include: Social, Display, Search, Retargeting, Video, Audio etc.
- Experience and familiarity of both programmatic media solutions, direct to site major websites and specialty sites for verticals in Health, Retail, Food and Insurance.
- Understand the differences between digital media tactics and what they are used for (i.e. Search drives higher intent and lower funnel reporting metrics like CPA)
- Employ Bloom’s suite of planning, evaluation and planning tools (i.e. Nielsen, Comscore,
eMarketer and Forrester) for application/analysis into competitive landscape, target
digital consumption support, plan development and reporting.
- Research and help develop client target demo, providing rationale behind all of the digital media recommendations
- Participates and leads team brainstorms to kick off plan and consideration set
- Provides critical thinking and analysis to draw conclusions and construe actionable
- Monitors trends, tools, opportunities and applications across channel environments, and appropriately apply that knowledge
- Investigates cross-channel opportunities, incorporating mobile and social extensions
- Monitor campaigns and manage day-to-day interactions with media teams
- Creates and presents media specific documents such as RFPs, media plans, objectives
and strategies decks, and other related functions
- Assist in planning overall budgets and maintain budgets through planning cycle
- Build relationships with internal and external partners, collaborate and create an environment that encourages information sharing and openness to new ideas
- Maintain familiarity with the history, present organization, and procedures of client
- Have a strong command of industry research, data and agency resources
- Be knowledgeable and well versed in current industry trends and continually seek information
- Prioritize and manage flow of work to ensure timely delivery of projects
- Delegate responsibility, but maintain accountability
- 3+ years of experience in relevant field (digital media planning, acquisition marketing, mobile marketing, lifecycle marketing, direct response)
- Solid foundational understanding of media concepts, terminology, and buying models
- Understanding of CTV, OTT and the Television ecosystem is a plus
- Experience working with mobile marketing attribution partners (such as Ninthdecimal, inMarket, Factual, PlaceIQ).
- Experience inside digital platforms such as (DCM, DBM, Centro, DOMO, Google Analytics, GTM)
- Self-starter, highly motivated, positive demeanor, excellent communicator, and able to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Reasonable availability to respond to requests and monitor/optimize campaigns outside normal business hours as needed
- Polished with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office systems, specifically in Excel
- College degree required
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
- Experience working inside industry platforms (i.e. Prisma – Media Ocean) a plus
- Experience using Google DBM, DCM, GTM, GA and AdWords. Google certified preferred.
- Organized, obsessed with details
- Curious to learn, seek information and an openness to new ideas and approaches
- Balance between the science of data and creative ideas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bloom offers an agency life in a family oriented environment. And don’t worry… it’s not all about the work. We also love to play. Our culture prides itself not only on insight, innovation and results, but also on growing and expanding our breadth of knowledge through fun team building activities. Position offers competitive compensation and full benefits. To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and use “Applying for Digital Media Planner at Bloom” in the subject line.
About the Company:
Responsible for developing best-in-class media solutions. In a widely disparate advertising landscape, we leverage best-in-class strategy, technology and analytics to deliver the most comprehensive, highest-performing media solutions on the market. We provide extensive expertise for some of the best and brightest brands across our agency partner landscape. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Bloom operates in 100+ markets worldwide.
We are a fast-paced, risk-taking, close-knit environment where ideas come from everywhere at every level. We believe that diversity of background, talent, skillset and mindset create a flourishing environment for new thinking and ideas. Our business is growing and we are always looking for new talent. If you are driven by challenging work, passionate about media and technology and interested in helping to shape the future of our industry, we would like to hear from you!
Note: Travel to and from client and vendor sites in a personal vehicle, is required in this position. The preceding functions have been provided as the types of work performed by the employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. This job description does not promise or imply that the functions listed are the only duties to be performed or that the position may not change or be eliminated.