Bloom Ads - Assistant Media Planner/Buyer
Los Angeles, CA (Local Candidates Only)
We are looking for you - dynamic, best-in-class talent! The Assistant Media Planner/Buyer is responsible for providing general support to the Media Team throughout the entire process (strategy, planning and management), in order to learn the fundamentals of building and executing an integrated media plan. This position is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to learn about all forms of media from the ground up and apply these learning in real-time. The candidate must be a self-starter, extremely organized, detail oriented, highly motivated and possess the ability to effectively juggle multiple priorities.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Media planning -- across display, video, mobile and social channels – owning elements of plan
- Conduct competitive research using a variety of sources and create presentation materials.
- Handle media partner correspondence through the RFI and RFP process.
- Collect, organize and share data with internal team members to inform media planning process.
- Develop campaign launches, including the development of insertion orders, specs and buy authorizations
- Manage ad traffic
- Enter insertion orders into the billing system and coordinate invoicing with the accounting team.
- Provide support to the planning/buying teams to develop campaign and partner timelines.
- Work with cross-functional departments to ensure flawless execution of all media campaigns.
- Coordinate projects and media requests with account management and assigned client contacts to determine specific advertising needs, communicating deadlines to media supervisor.
- Keep Supervisor/Director informed of client workflow and market challenges
- Quick to understand how your role applies to the big picture and how your role affects others roles
- Assist with managing multiple projects through effective levels of organization and detail to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to learn how paid, owned and earned media intersect and ability to identify how/when to engage each discipline to enhance all communication plan efforts as needed
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Highly detailed and results-oriented
- Self-driven with strong work ethic
- Ability to read, analyze, develop and interpret marketing and media materials
- Articulate ideas well and support positions effectively
- Be a good listener, receptive to the ideas of others
- Give directions clearly and effectively
- Experience with Media Ocean a plus
Bloom offers an agency life in a family oriented environment. Position offers competitive compensation and full benefits.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com and use “Applying for Assistant Media Planner/Buyer” in the subject line.
About the Company:
Responsible for developing best-in-class media solutions. In a widely disparate advertising landscape, we leverage best-in-class strategy, technology and analytics to deliver the most comprehensive, highest-performing media solutions on the market. We provide extensive expertise for some of the best and brightest brands across our agency partner landscape. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Bloom operates in 100+ markets worldwide.
We are a fast-paced, risk-taking, close-knit environment where ideas come from everywhere at every level. We believe that diversity of background, talent, skillset and mindset create a flourishing environment for new thinking and ideas. Our business is growing and we are always looking for new talent. If you are driven by challenging work, passionate about media and technology and interested in helping to shape the future of our industry, we would like to hear from you!
Note: Travel to and from client and vendor sites in personal vehicle, is required in this position. The preceding functions have been provided as the types of work performed by the employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. This job description does not promise or imply that the functions listed are the only duties to be performed or that the position may not change or be eliminated