Bloom Ads – Senior Media Planner/Buyer Integrated
Los Angeles, CA (Local Candidates Only)
We are looking for you – dynamic, best-in-class talent! Bloom Ads is currently seeking a Senior Media Planner/Buyer to add to our growing media team. The Sr. Planner/Buyer plays will coordinate media planning efforts in conjunction with our Media Supervisor and/or Associate Media Director. The Senior Media Planner must effectively interact with clients, ie. Regional marketing staff, internal regional account team and media strategy team.
You’ll be a thought leader, recognizing innovative, game-changing ideas to solve our clients’ business challenges through highly integrated media plans. You will work directly with and support the Associate Media Directors in their leadership roles in all advertising, marketing and business efforts for all assigned accounts. Qualified candidate must have vast experience creating, developing and executing cross-channel media plans and an eye for detail; ensuring work is client-ready and exceeds client expectations
Expectations include but are not limited to:
· Strong communication skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Work closely with Digital Team and Account Supervisors to facilitate department collaboration and growth.
· Set and meet deadlines.
· Great attention to detail.
· A passion for staying abreast the ever changing media landscape. Knowledge of the latest developments and trends in the industry and informs peers of such developments.
· Strong negotiating skills for all media types.
• Work with Media Supervisor/AMD in the development and implementation of media campaigns including most or all of the following: Local broadcast television (including cable), local radio, out of home, digital and print.
• Work as part of a media planning team, applying media solutions to overall client objectives
• Work with internal Interactive media team to integrate interactive objectives and strategies into overall plans
• As directed and overseen by the Media Supervisor/AMD, develop and present recommendations, evaluations, POVs and media analyses to clients and Account Service team. Travel as needed to meetings.
• Organize, implement and control the day-to-day media planning development process
• Supervise and train junior/assistant level employees as needed
• Complete assigned areas of the annual media plan(s)
• Coordinate projects and media requests with Account Service team and assigned client contacts to determine specific advertising needs, communicating deadlines to Media Supervisor
• Monitor media campaigns with Media Supervisor/AMD and when needed, have campaign performance meetings internally and/or with client
• Provide buying specifications, monitor development and review media buys and post-buy analyses
• Maintain media estimate process in conjunction with Account Supervisor
• Maintain media reporting needs for assigned markets
• Coordinate with the Account Service teams on understanding of current marketplace conditions, competitive spending or potential media opportunities
• A four year college degree or equivalent in marketing, advertising or a related field
• 4+ years media planning experience
• Demonstrated presentation and writing skills
• Ability to work autonomously or in a more team oriented environment
• Experience managing and coordinating inter-departmental efforts
• MS Office: Internet Explorer, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Experience or familiarity using industry media planning tools: Donovan/Media Ocean, Media Tools, MRI Research, TNS, DDS/Strata/DataTech, etc.
• Understanding of digital advertising preferred
About the Company:
In a widely disparate advertising landscape, we leverage best-in-class strategy, technology and analytics to deliver the most comprehensive, highest-performing media solutions on the market. We provide extensive expertise for some of the best and brightest brands across our agency partner landscape. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Bloom operates in 100+ markets worldwide.
We are a fast-paced, risk-taking, close-knit environment where ideas come from everywhere at every level. We believe that diversity of background, talent, skillset and mindset create a flourishing environment for new thinking and ideas. Our business is growing and we are always looking for new talent. If you are driven by challenging work, passionate about media and technology and interested in helping to shape the future of our industry, we would like to hear from you!
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com and use “Applying for Senior Media Planner/Buyer” in the subject line.
Note: Travel to and from client and vendor sites in personal vehicle, is required in this position. The preceding functions have been provided as the types of work performed by the employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. This job description does not promise or imply that the functions listed are the only duties to be performed or that the position may not change or be eliminated the responsibilities are many, various, and not limited to those written in this document.