Podcast advertising is a great way to reach and engage your target audience. Podcasts are a medium that is rapidly growing in popularity, and with good reason: they are easy to listen to, informative, and entertaining. Podcasts allow people to learn and connect with one another in a unique and powerful way.
There are many different types of podcasts that cater to a wide variety of interests. Some examples include business, food, politics, sports, and music. These podcasts cover a wide range of topics and are a great platform for businesses to promote their products and services. Businesses can use podcasts to connect with their target audience and help promote their brand. A podcast is a great format for advertisers to reach new audiences and start building a relationship with potential customers.
Your company can create their own podcast or, more commonly participated in, you can sponsor an existing podcast to get exposure for your brand. There are many benefits of using podcasts to advertise your business:
- An increasing number of consumers are listening to podcasts on a regular basis so it offers a great opportunity for businesses to expand their reach with a wider audience.
- A podcast is also a great platform to build relationships with customers and gain their trust and loyalty. People who listen to podcasts often feel a sense of connection to those who host them, which increases brand awareness and improves overall brand image.
- According to Nielsen’s 2019 Podcast Advertising Effectiveness Study, podcast marketing has been found to increase key metrics like awareness, ad recall, affinity, recommendation, and purchase intent.
- A 2019 report found that 89.8% of podcast listeners believe that podcast ads are effective. It also found that 86.5% of participants listen to podcast ads, and 55.6% have made a purchase based on an ad.
- According to the BBC’s Audio: Activated study, ‘ad avoiders’ showed 22% higher engagement, emotional intensity, and memory encoding when listening to podcast brand mentions than TV brand mentions.
The takeaway: Brand advertisements on podcasts are an effective way for marketers to engage with a traditionally hard-to-reach demographic.
Advertising on podcasts can also help build your company’s online presence and generate buzz around your brand. There are many companies that use podcasts to market their business and educate their audience about their products and services. Although more rare, some companies even create their own podcasts and promote them on social media channels and websites.
Using podcasts as a form of advertising can be an effective strategy to grow your business, increase awareness of your brand and foster a community/following.