Although relatively new, TikTok has proven to be a powerful tool for businesses that are looking to connect with potential customers and drive sales. Whether you are in the retail, lifestyle, service or medical industry, there is an opportunity to tell your story via TikTok’s video format.
Why Choose TikTok:
- TikTok Influences Every Stage of the Path to Purchase Journey:
Unlike the traditional marketing funnel that is still taught in a majority of business schools today, TikTok associates the infinite loop with three different journey stages–discovery, consideration, and purchase.
- Discovery: TikTok users are 1.7x more likely to discover new products and services than on other social media platforms
- Consideration: TikTok users are 1.4x more likely to research new products they discover on TikTok than on other social media platforms
- Purchase: TikTok users are 1.4x more likely to buy new products they discover on TikTok than on other social media platforms
2.TikTok’s Role In Building Brand Advocacy:
TikTok users are extremely loyal to TikTok as well as to the brands, products, and services they purchase through the platform.
Like other platforms, users are not shy about reviewing products they’ve purchased due to TikTok by creating unboxing videos, how-to’s, and tutorials. This post-purchase path sparks ongoing conversations and word-of-mouth marketing and re-sparks the infinite loop.
And here is some more compelling TikTok data:
- Word of Mouth: TikTok users are 1.5X more likely to convince a friend, family member, colleague, or peer to buy a product they’ve discovered in the app than users of other social media apps
- Brand Engagement: TikTok users are 2.4X more likely to engage with a brand (post or tag) after the purchase than users of other social media apps
Brand Engagement: TikTok users are 2X more likely to engage with a brand (comment or DM) after the purchase than users of other social media apps
- Joy powers TikTok’s Path to Purchase:
Almost a billion consumers use TikTok every day for different reasons: Some browse to find entertaining content, others to find inspiration, and some build community and participate in the latest video/dance/singing challenges. But according to the research, there is one common denominator that unites all users, one emotion. Joy.
According to the TikTok data:
- 39% of users say “lifting spirits” is a critical factor before they move through the path to purchase and buy products
- TikTokers are 1.3X more likely than users on other social media platforms to feel excited about purchasing products
Since TikTok users are 1.3X more likely than users on other social media platforms to feel excited about purchasing products, brands need to build on this emotion and create campaigns that can bring joy to people.
- Consumers Can Purchase Directly:
When a business sets up TikTok Shopping, it will have a dedicated Shopping tab on its profile. Customers can then browse through and select products within TikTok and then buy the product, either within TikTok or be transferred to the company’s online store for checkout.